In response to the rapid increase in admissions of neonates in respiratory distress and limited CPAP machines, in 2020 we implemented the use of disposable bubble CPAP, made by the… Read More »Implementation of bubble CPAP in 2020 and beyond
Sorphea was born at Kratie Referral Hospital in August. Immediately after birth she developed respiratory distress. The Chenla team was paged to the delivery ward where they quickly performed neonatal resuscitation… Read More »Patient Story – Baby Sorphea (Baby Wisdom)
Covid-19 is severely impacting Cambodians due to its economic consequences, putting further strain on the health and well-being of many of Cambodia’s poorest families. In 2019, 30% of Cambodia’s GDP… Read More »How Covid-19 is impacting our community
Chenla Children’s Healthcare has been busy throughout this year both before and after Covid-19 became a pandemic. Throughout it all, the Chenla team has worked hard to provide compassionate and high quality care where it is needed most in Cambodia. Serving in the poorest region, the team at Chenla Children’s Healthcare now admits 250 patients a month to the general pediatric ward, 60 patients a month to the neonatal ward and 30 patients a month to our small ICU including patients needing to be placed on ventilator support.
1. Chenla Children’s Healthcare’s boss. At Chenla the patient remains the boss. It is our mantra and a way of always remembering what is most important. Everything Chenla does is centered around meeting the medical needs of the most vulnerable children in eastern Cambodia. Most recent estimates in the region are that 1 out of 24 children die before his/her fifth birthday mostly from preventable or treatable causes. Chenla’s main goal is to greatly improve these numbers and treat every patient with the high quality and compassionate care he or she deserves.Read More »Three Reasons to Love Chenla Children’s Healthcare
Chenla Children’s Healthcare serves children affected by poverty and disease in one of the poorest regions of Cambodia where quality care was not previously available.
We do this as an integrated part of the government hospital so that:
- What we do is sustainable;
- We leverage every amount of funding support possible from the government system and from there make the system work well;
- We don’t recreate the wheel and;
- Every donor dollar is used highly efficiently.
For those of you who have come out to Chenla Children’s Healthcare in Kratie Cambodia, you know well the beauty of eastern Cambodia and the hardships faced by the people living here. To this day, 1 out of 24 children die before their fifth birthday and the numbers are worse in the most rural areas.
We, the Chenla Team, are very thankful for everyone who has supported us in 2019 through financial giving, volunteering and most importantly advocacy on our behalf. We strongly believe… Read More »Because These Children Matter As Much As Any Child
All the early warning signs were there. A new strain of the dengue virus in Cambodia had emerged in early 2019 and in January and February there was a slight… Read More »Making A Difference Where And When It Matters Most In Cambodia- Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever 2019.